Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Bird(less) Cage

I love any decor that reflects houses - saltbox houses, lighthouses, shadow boxes, birdcages... last week I found this fabulous aged birdcage in the homewares shop in Hornby Dressmart. It was a one off and had been reduced twice. I'm talking bargain bonus here so why hadn't it been snapped up? Must have been waiting for me!

This was my plan from the get-go, to fill it with candles and use it for my Christmas home decorating, however it is an authentic cage (the kids and cats were most disappointed we weren't actually going to get a bird). I found the candles on clearance too in Timaru this week at $5 each. So... I admit to having a slightly impatient personality and with Christmas still five months away I've made room for it already. I'm really loving the completed look. What do you think?




3 comments:

  1. Anonymous17 July, 2012

    wow, looks awesome, cant wait to see it at Christmas time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It should be well worth seeing the Gingerbread House this year Stace - I've got lots of new ideas and I'm doing the full works. Look forward to meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the birdcage Diana - good shopping! Great idea to put candles in it! Glad you didn't wait until Christmas!

    ReplyDelete