Thursday, April 21, 2011

It's autumn out there

Even though the thought of the temperatures dropping over the next few months is depressing, I must admit I do love autumn and it's beautiful colours and smells. There are some amazing cherry and maple trees in the garden turning colour this week. The mornings are cool but there have been some great days with clear skies - just gorgeous!


 Finally I'm posting a project I have done. There are a number but I always forget to document and take photos of them. This is a BTP (beyond the page) tissue box covered in Cosmo Cricket Material Girl papers and inked with Tim Holtz distress ink - two of my favourite manufacturers.

I decided to do a twist on the label as I couldn't fit the original words I had planned. The quote is one that I frequently say, you know, an indirect comment but with direct meaning as we do as parents.... the funny thing is, since this box was introduced to our kitchen, some small people are making use of it and there is little sniffin' to be heard!

2 comments:

  1. Diana - this project is so much fun! Did you cut round those flowers - WOW - they look great.
    I love this Material Girl Collection and love what you did with it!
    Lowri :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Lowri, I tediously cut them out, then the next day found the chipboard on the shelves at work, lol!

    ReplyDelete