Thursday, November 18, 2010

And a Christmas village...

I don't know where my interest in china stemmed from but it was from an early age as I can remember what my grandmother's teaset looked like from staying with her in the 70's. One of my best memories as a child was waking up on Christmas morning to a miniature china teaset of my own. It had a bunny flying with balloons and it was very precious to me. Unfortunately the china met a sad demise with a nor'wester and a concrete porch, but I managed to salvage a small jug which I keep with my Easter collectables.


Whenever I've travelled I manage to stash some china purchases into my cabin luggage and then try to pass off as within required onboard weight to the cabin crew. I came back from Japan with 31 plates once - no breakages either! 


My gorgeous Christmas china is Mason's 'Christmas Village' from Stoke-On-Trent. It is not available in New Zealand anymore so I have very slowly collected pieces over the years. I was rapt to find it in a factory shop in the UK five years ago and bought a 10 place setting of the dinnerware (and had it shipped safely back home). 




It is perfect on my hutch dresser and I've set up my table with the rest of it for the open home. The dates are set for the first three Fridays of December 7-10pm so please come around if you are local.

2 comments:

  1. love it, really wish I was local :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully the blog will give you a good idea of what to expect. There will always be next year!

    ReplyDelete