Saturday, July 2, 2011

Home Sweet Home



Today was a fresh and sunny winter's day, perfect for getting some washing on the line and having a pre-spring house clean. I had intentions to do my bedroom as there are two suitcases to unpack but I was sidetracked to my favourite room of the house, the living room. And since we do most of our living here, I do put some thought into the comfort and look of the room. My inspiration is with classic American interior design - I love how the use of lamps gives such a great ambience in a room. last year I painted the room (which is open plan with the kitchen and dining area) in Resene Poprock. Love it! I've made all the soft furnishings from offcuts I've picked up from a local interior designer. The tissue box is covered in Kaisercraft Hippy Girl paper. Now I'm looking forward to chilling out for the night and watching a movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment