Sunday, December 11, 2011

Peter's Penguins

Today I'm posting about an unusually themed Christmas tree - Peter's penguin tree. Since a very young age Peter absolutely loved penguins (so much so he asked for penguins as his 4th birthday theme). So over the years, when I've bought each of the kids a decoration for their own collection, Peter's decoration has always been a penguin.

Surprisingly, especially for a country that is celebrating the Christmas season in mid summer, penguins continue to be a prevailing theme in decorations available in the shops. Now we have enough to decorate a mini tree and although it doesn't fit with the overall decorating style I do, it looks perfect in the kids' bathroom. The dominant colours are bright blue and black. I love the way ribbon adds the perfect finishing touch as a tree topper.




Next week I'm opening up my home again for two nights. Originally I wasn't planning to open this year but I've had so many requests and since most the house was done anyway I've advertised for Wednesday 21st and Thursday 22nd. Donations to South Canterbury Hospice - call in if you are in the area!

No comments:

Post a Comment