Friday, December 23, 2011

'Twas the Night Before....

It's 1am on Christmas Eve, less than 24 hours to go until the big day. I've just finished wrapping all the presents and it's very peaceful. Not so peaceful up in Christchurch where they have had a bout of significant aftershocks today - my thoughts are with them tonight.

The Gingerbread Christmas House was a great success once again. I think approximately 500 people would have come through. It certainly helps me to get in the Christmas mood. One thing I love is that my candles are all lit  - it really is a magical effect.

I've been making simple candle holders out of glass, tissue and ink. I made eight of them tonight to give to my sisters for Christmas.


There is not much to them - you need a straight sided glass to use for your holder.
Using tissue paper, stamp an image all over an area to fit the glass. I used a Tim Holtz script stamp with grey ink. Cut the tissue roughly to size and then Mod Podge the tissue carefully to the glass. I did this using a large brush directly on the glass. When dry, Mod Podge the outer side of the glass. 


Finally, when the glue is completely dry, use an emery board to sand the edges back. The tissue is an excellent medium for allowing the candle glow brightly through.


No comments:

Post a Comment